"Where's the Fe?"
- Use Astro-H responses[*] to generate a fake "E0102-IACHEC" spectrum
and fit it with a single vpshock model with the 4 elements: O, Ne, Mg, and Fe.
6/25/12: Added the 6-1 to 10-1 transitions of O VII and O VIII to the vpshock
this gives better agreement in the 0.7 to 0.9 keV range while still needing
[*] files: sxt-s_100208_ts02um_of_intallpxl.arf and
- Fake-data w/model (Green w/Fe, Magenta no Fe):
vs Energy , vs Wavelength
- Plot of just the vpshock's Fe emission, vs Energy
- Best-fit par
file: kT ~ 0.75 keV, tau ~ 2e11, O,Ne,Mg,Fe ~ 1.9, 3.2, 1.6, 0.33
- For reference, this is the
ISIS routine that was used to
make fake data, plots, etc.
The extra O lines are in the par file above and were initially added using some extra code.
- Add merged 3-epochs images to show the
Three-Epoch's of HETG-E0102 Data
- 28 May'12: And finally, set osipfile=none when making the ARFs (steps_e0102_src_120525.txt),
and extend range to 2 keV (10 bins). The osip=none makes a few percent change:
- 20 April'12: Updated to use average of 7 arf's along the cross-dispersion
improved the rmf somewhat, and reprocessed obsid 12147 to use
newest version (DS 8.4).
--> These changes produced only very small changes:
- The analyses of Jan'12 were re-done using both the CALDB(4.4.7) and the N9941 contam file(s):
- Initial results (.txt) from doing fancy fitting in ISIS.
See Notes in the .txt file.
- Example plots for Obsid 3828 MEG -1:
Key to Overall plot: Dispersed events histogram (black),
E0102 model spectrum (green), ARF no-FRACEXPO (magenta),
Forward-folded model w/custom RMF (orange), Coarse data bins (blue), Coarse fit-model bins
The residual plot shows just the coarse data bins (black) and the best-fit model bins (red).
- Example best-fit .par file: summary_3828_meg_-1_fitted.par.
- Extraction steps: Source and for
- FYI, these analyses are in dd's $SCI/E0102/e2d_120112/
relevant file have been copied for reference to here: PHA_sw_120124 .
24 Jan. 2012