TGCat - Example of Summary Plots
Example summary Plots from the processing scripts
These plots are for ObsID 16, AB Dor, a coronally active star.
- Counts Spectrum for MEG (top) and HEG
(bottom), combined first orders.
- Flux spectrum, combined HEG and MEG
first orders. Top panel is broad band, following panels are narrow
- Flux spectrum (continued)
- Light curve of dispersed photons. Top is
source region, middle is background region (usually negligible for
HETGS), and bottom is net rate.
- Central field images in sky coordinates
(north up, east left), zooming out in factors of 2.
- Full field image in rotated sky coordinates.
- Spectral coordinates image; top is HEG,
bottom is MEG; -1 order on the left, +1 on the right.
- Order sorting image; top is HEG,
bottom is MEG. Left is as-order-sorted by the CALDB order-sorting
table (osip), and right shows all photons for the source
region. (Sometimes CTI or gain calibration is poor, and this is to see
if we clipped the spectrum).
This page was last updated Oct 9, 2020 by David P. Huenemoerder. To comment on it or the material presented here, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.