The mission of the MIT Kavli Institute (MKI) for Astrophysics and Space Research is to facilitate and carry out the research programs of faculty and research staff whose interests lie in the broadly defined area of astrophysics and space research. Specifically, the MKI will
- Provide an intellectual home for faculty, research staff, and students engaged in space- and ground-based astrophysics
- Develop and operate space- and ground-based instrumentation for astrophysics
- Engage in technology development
- Maintain an engineering and technical core capability for enabling and supporting innovative research
- Communicate to students, educators, and the public an understanding of and an appreciation for the goals, techniques and results of MKI’s research.
MKI is working to provide a welcoming, diverse home that enables all community members to succeed.
Information about diversity and inclusion in MIT Physics