Re: load_par evaluating functions before params

From: John Houck <houck_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:54:51 -0400
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 16:15 -0400, Arik Mitschang wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I noticed with recent isis (version 1.6.1) a new behavior that is
> somewhat undesirable. If I have a param file with functions involved
> it seems that Isis will evaluate the function as it travels down the
> file using defaults for latter parameters such that if a function is
> tied to the first parameter and depends on a later parameter it can
> cause an error if any min max limits are set (and one might have them
> set for doing conf limits after un-linking the parameter).
>
> I confirmed that this doesn't cause a problem in isis version 1.6.0-7
>
> The work-around would be to set the min max limits both to zero.

In this case, setting the min value to something smaller than
-9 allows the parameter file to load.  Once the file is loaded,
the min value of gauss(1).area can be set to zero again.

I'll try to make some changes so that this situation is handled
better.

> As an example I attach a parameter file affected by this issue, it is
> a trivial example and needs no special functions.
[
  The trivial example was:

gauss(1)+gauss(2)
 idx  param        tie-to  freeze         value         min         max
  1  gauss(1).area     0     1                1           0           2  photons/s/cm^2
#=>  gauss(2).area - 10
  2  gauss(1).center   0     0               12           0           0  A
  3  gauss(1).sigma    0     0            0.025       1e-06           1  A
  4  gauss(2).area     0     0               11           0           0  photons/s/cm^2
  5  gauss(2).center   0     0               12           0           0  A
  6  gauss(2).sigma    0     0            0.025       1e-06           1  A

]