Rebinning to grid specified by psextract

From: Roper, Quentin J <quentin-roper_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:18:41 -0500
Hey,

I'm trying to replicate the example data fitting in the sherpa tutorial in ISIS. You can find it here: http://asc.harvard.edu/sherpa/threads/pha_intro/index.py.html

When I extracted the pi spectrum using the psextract tool from CIAO, I specified a minimum number of counts per bin (following the example, 15). However, when I load the data into ISIS, it reverts back to the raw grid. How can I rebin the data so that it has at least 15 counts per bin (ala psextract), and then rebin the ARF and RMF to match these grids, rather than regularly spaced ones?

Thanks,

~Quentin Roper