Re: isis close X11 when exit on Mac

From: David P. Huenemoerder <dph_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:30:40 -0500
Hi Juan -

    juan> Yes, unfortunately I'm still having the problem. It happens
    juan> even when I'm not plotting anything. If I just start and
    juan> exit isis, it also close the X11 windows.

    juan> Do you have the pgplot demos installed?  You could try
    juan> running those to see if they have this issue.

    juan> I don't know, where they should be?

There might be a pgdemo directory somewhere in the heasoft tree, but
maybe only for a source install.  I don't see it in the heasoft binary
distribution on my mac.  I have a copy in my pgplot installation, but
you might not have it.  Try to find pgdemo1; e.g.

find /usr/local/ -name pgdemo1

(root the find wherever you have local packages installed).

    juan> $ strace -o /tmp/isis.log isis

    juan> doesn't have strace :(

As is typical, the Mac renames things slightly.  It looks like it is
called dtrace; there is also dtruss:

see
http://humberto.digi.com.br/blog/2008/02/25/strace-on-mac-os-x-leopard/

dtrace is in /usr/sbin; you'll need to run it via

sudo dtrace

or as a system adminstrator.

-- Dave

David Huenemoerder  617-253-4283 (o); -253-8084 (f); http://space.mit.edu/home/dph
MIT Kavli Institute for Astrophysics and Space Research
70 Vassar St., NE80-6065,
Cambridge, MA  02139
[Admin. Asst.: Elaine Tirrell, 617-253-7480, egt_at_email.domain.hidden