Re: background

From: David P. Huenemoerder <dph_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:02:46 -0500
    Maurice> type II file. But "define_back" only takes type I pha
    Maurice> files. Does this mean I need to split off the background
    Maurice> into type I pha files? Or is there a more elegant way to
    Maurice> do this?

Hi Maurice,

Another tidbit - if you can parameterize your background, you can
implement it as a model.  See the help on back_fun() (which might be
considered more "elegant" by some).

This is what I was referred to earlier regarding LETG/HRC-S modeling;
I used the "eval_fun2" method, and the example in the help is like the
LETG/HRC-S background.

This way is good for simulations when you need some reasonable
background, but don't have to have the actual background.  If you can
fit your actual background, then you could use it's model in the
definition.

--Dave