Re: ISIS/S-Lang and Python

From: Michael Nowak <mnowak_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:10:34 -0500
On Dec 1, 2008, at 10:57 AM, rgibson_at_email.domain.hidden
> Has any work been done interfacing ISIS/S-Lang to Python?  (In either
> direction....)  Or is there reference material describing how to do
> this?  I
> don't see anything on the web pages, but for some reason the topic
> sounds
> familiar.

There is PySl, written by Chris Stawarz who used to be here, to
provide an interface between the two languages.  You can find an old
version of it sitting on Google code pages.  I'm honestly not sure
where the newer versions, to the extent that any are newer, are
sitting.  The (new)^2 version of Sherpa uses it extensively, so I
think perhaps PySl has fallen into the domain of Data Systems here,
and any updates might be sitting with the latest CIAO release, due in
a month or so.  The S-lang version of the new Sherpa essentially runs
as an slsh script that interfaces to the underlying Python
implementation (which in turn calls C++ libraries) via PySl.

-Mike