xylabel

From: <goldsteing_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:55:44 +0100
Often I want to provide a quick visual guide to the expected value of a
particular line in a plot of a spectrum, without going through the routine
of loading the ion database, selecting the brightest etc.

I find that if I place a mark( , ,  "_ Si XIII", 90) in the xylabel command,
the underscore is very close to the right place, and is a good enough
approximation in many circumstances. Is there a way to get an exact
placement of the underscore, using a quick procedure?

many thanks

Greg