Processing XRCF HRC Data
Back to Grating-HRC XRCF Data
Getting XRCF HRC Data
The starting point are the ASC created HRC level 1 files
available at SAO in directories given by:
HRC STATUS flags
dd's HRC processing for web page
The level 1 FITS files were processed by
produce IDL save files containing Level_1-like quantities
(DETX, DETY, ENERGY, STATUS, TIME), with DETX, DETY in mm,
Energy is in "quasi keV", that is PHA of 0-255 has been
scaled to 0 to 10 keV.
- The HRC level 1 fits files are copied (at MIT) to /nfs/spectra/d6/HRC_data/ .
- Further processing is carried out by hrc_view.pro and sim_all_hrc.pro:
the individual iterations are combined to produce TRW_ID_l1.idlsav similar to
the combined iteration files created for ACIS data sets.
- STATUS filtering using a nominal "3FFF00" criterion was applied to select
IDL STATUS selection: ok_es = where( (hrc_status AND '3FFF00'xL) EQ 0 , nok )
MARX simulations of the XRCF data are carried out using
xrcf_sim.pro and marx_compare.pro .
- The simulation directories are (e.g., for iteration 0)
/nfs/spectra/d6/MARX/[trw_id]/i0/ . These directories contain
the IDL save files ml1.idlsav which when restored give the simulation
"level 1" data: ml1.detx, ml1.dety, and ml1.energy.
- These directories have a file marx_commands: this lists all the
changes to the nominal MARX file that are made to simulate the measurement
and runs marx. It is 'sourced' by an IDL spawn.
The event color-coding schemes used for ACIS data were directly
applied here for the HRC data. The colors have less information however.