Processing XRCF ACIS Data
Back to Grating-ACIS XRCF Data
PSU FITS Files
PSU provided data sets separated to TRW_ID and processed into
FITS files with roughly Level 0 values. See the "Telemetry Data" link
PSU's XRCF web page
- The PSU fits files are in (at MIT) /nfs/opabinia/d5/PHASE_H_DATA/trw_ids/*/*/[filename is trw_id] and can be read into IDL with mrdfits.
- Timing Note about continuous clocking frames.
dd's Processing of these files
These PSU FITS files were processed by
produce IDL save files containing Level_1-like quantities
(DETX, DETY, ENERGY, GRADE, FLTGRADE). Further details
are in the header of psu_view.pro.
- The ddIDL processed "Level 1" data are in /nfs/spectra/d6/ACIS_anal with
a filename [trw_id]_l1.idlsav . An IDL restore on the file will produce
a structure l1 which has the tags (l1.detx, l1.dety, etc.) as given above.
MARX Simulations of the Measurements
MARX simulations of the XRCF data are carried out using
xrcf_sim.pro and marx_compare.pro .
- The simulation directories are (e.g., for iteration 0)
/nfs/spectra/d6/MARX/[trw_id]/i0/ . These directories contain
the IDL save files ml1.idlsav which when restored give the simulation
"level 1" data: ml1.detx, ml1.dety, and ml1.energy.
- These directories have a file marx_commands: this lists all the
changes to the nominal MARX file that are made to simulate the measurement
and runs marx. It is 'sourced' by an IDL spawn.
All of this benefits from color-coding events by their (ACIS derived)
energies. The small event scatter plots in the web table are created
in psu_view.pro and use a red to blue mapping to color code
the events by their ACIS energy (dd_load_ct.pro).
The larger color-coded
images (data and simulation) are created using
(with lots of thanks to Dave H.).
Because of ACIS's energy resolution color-coded intensity
images are useful!