Re: isis abort

From: Michael Nowak <mnowak_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:16:13 -0400
On Sep 15, 2008, at 3:06 PM, Michael Noble wrote:

> The problem reported is in C++ code, so it cannot be in ISIS
> proper (which is coded in C).  Rather, it looks like the
> error is thrown from within XSPEC code, when ISIS is attempting
> to load or invoke the model.

And if it's C++, then one can likely further isolate it to XSPEC 12,
as opposed to XSPEC 11.  For what it's worth, I have always built ISIS
against XSPEC 11, since if one is going to simply incorporate the
XSPEC models, it's a little easier to rely on the tried and tested
XSPEC 11.  (And honestly, at this point, I don't know how one
incorporates XSPEC local models through XSPEC 12 into ISIS, whereas I
do know how that works via XSPEC 11.)

Not that that helps solve the problem.  But it's probably somewhere in
the XSPEC 12 part of the code.

-Mike