isis abort

From: Keith A McDermott <kmcdermo_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:36:44 -0400
A bit of a recap.  I was having a lot of problems last week trying to
compile isis from source when I did what I should have done from the
beginning and successfully tried the binary without issue.

I was unable to run this on the target machine as it was running an
older version of Debian so an upgrade was performed over the weekend.
I've now got two identical machines.  ISIS runs great on my machine, but
on the other it errors out with:

isis> fit_fun("powerlaw(1)");
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::ios_base::failure'
  what():  basic_ios::clear
/usr/local/bin/isis: line 100:  4076 Aborted
$ISIS_SRCDIR/bin/isis.exe $script_option ${_at_email.domain.hidden

As this is pretty vague it's proving quite difficult to find a source of
the issue whether it resides in ISIS or elsewhere.

Both are running identical g++ versions:
$ dpkg -l | grep -i g++
ii  g++
4.1.1-15                                        The GNU C++ compiler
ii  g++-2.95
2.95.4-27                                       The GNU C++ compiler
ii  g++-3.3
3.3.6-15                                        The GNU C++ compiler
ii  g++-4.1
4.1.1-21                                        The GNU C++ compiler

Thanks,
Keith