Re: fitting multiple data sets with variable norm

From: Michael Nowak <mnowak_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 18:47:53 -0400
On May 13, 2011, at 3:43 PM, Rob Gibson wrote:

> I have three spectra from XMM MOS1, MOS2, and MOS3.  I want to fit a Galactic-absorbed powerlaw to all three simultaneously, but I want to allow the normalization to differ for each spectrum due to cal issues.

fit_fun("phabs*(powerlaw(Isis_Active_Dataset))");

or

fit_fun("constant(Isis_Active_Dataset)*phabs*powerlaw");

Isis_Active_Dataset will take on the ID of the dataset being fit at that moment, so you can assign different values to each instance of the model parameters, and tie together just the ones you want to be the same.

The constant(Isis_Active_Dataset) is a little more generic, and would allow you to make the model progressively more complicated later.

-Mike