Re: isis close X11 when exit on Mac

From: John E. Davis <davis_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:02:50 -0500
juan luna <gjmluna_at_email.domain.hidden> I'm running ISIS 1.4.9-38 on a Intel Mac Book with OS X V.10.5.8 and
> Xquartz 2.1.6. After I type "exit;" it automatically closes the X11
> windows. I already tried installing newer versions of ISIS, S-lang,
> Heasoft and pgplot, but still have the same problem. Your help is
> deeply appreciated.

Hi Juan,

Are you still having this problem?  If so, does this always occur?
That is, does starting and then immediately exiting isis kill X?  My
feeling is that this problem occurs only if you have plotted something
during your isis session, which points at a pgplot problem.

Do you have the pgplot demos installed?  You could try running those
to see if they have this issue.

I know next to nothing about OS X.  Assuming that the system supports
something like strace, the contents of isis.log, generated using

   $ strace -o /tmp/isis.log isis

would be useful in diagnosing the problem.  The equivalent of
/var/log/Xorg.log immediately after the crash would also be useful.

Thanks,
--John