Re: using fakeit

From: Michael Nowak <mnowak_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 20:43:03 -0400
On Aug 19, 2009, at 4:58 PM, Herbert Pablo wrote:

> just wanted to give an update. For reasons that I can't explain I
> have gotten
> it to work. I just took what John had written popped it in a file
> and ran it
> and it worked. I checked it against what I originally had and see no
> real
> differences, so I'm unable to say what the problem was but it's a
> problem no
> longer. At least one of my problems is now fixed.

PGPlots can show odd behavior when the PGPLOT library has been
compiled with a different compiler than ISIS.  I have seen things like
plot labels and what not vanish under those circumstances.  If it's a
very different compiler, it will probably fail outright, but if it was
say GCC 4.3 with ISIS, and GCC 4.2 with PGPLOT, you can get odd
behavior like that.  So, that's something to look into.

-Mike