Re: systematic errors

From: Michael Nowak <mnowak_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 08:11:04 -0400
On Jul 31, 2009, at 3:11 AM, gulabd_at_email.domain.hidden
> Hi,
>  I want to apply systematic errors to background spectrum only. It
> does not seem to work if I add systematic errors to background PHA
> file. Can't ISIS read SYS_ERR from the background PHA file?

Do you want to be able to vary the level of the background? Or merely
increase the error bars associated with the background?  If it's the
latter, hmmm, I have to think about it.  I don't think that exists in
current ISIS functionality (nor XSPEC, nor anything else that I can
think of - not a situation I've run into before).  But you could fudge
it by applying the error instead to the data, using a scaling of the
background to data.  But I'd have to think about that, sometime after
commuting into work this morning...

-Mike