Re: modeling question

From: Manfred Hanke <Manfred.Hanke_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:47:16 +0200
Hi,

Herbert Pablo wrote:
> So, I was trying your method and I ran into a little snag at step 4:  newdata
> = get_model_counts(1);  % You are getting the counts from
> the model you just fit
>
> I get the following error message:
>
> Unable to typecast Null_Type to Double_Type

Are you sure that you have *just* fit your model?
At first sight, it seemed to me that you might not have evaluated your
model yet (if you did a new startup of ISIS and only load_par'ed your
parameter file). ISIS doesn't evaluate the model every time you do a
{plot,get}_model_{counts,flux}, but stores it internally. If one hasn't
*just* fit the model, one has to do at least an
    ()=eval_counts();
to evaluate the model on the grid(s) defined by the data.

However, I cannot reproduce your error with the situation described
above (with ISIS >=1.4.9-55). Which version of ISIS and S-Lang are you
using?
    message(_isis_version_string);
    message(_slang_version_string);

Furthermore, if you start isis with the -g option and set
Isis_Verbose=1, you might get some more debug output.

Cheers,

Manfred