Re: modeling question

From: Michael Nowak <mnowak_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:50:28 -0400
On Jul 28, 2009, at 12:42 PM, Herbert Pablo wrote:

> I believe I have a more difficult question today than yesterday, but
> maybe I'm
> wrong. What I am trying to do is fit the continuum on my spectrum
> using
> fit_fun. That works just fine, but now I would like to subtract off
> this
> continuum. I don't necessarily need isis for this part, but to
> subtract I have
> to be able to grab wavelength vs. counts from the model and I can't
> figure out
> how to do this. Isis can plot this model so that information must
> exist
> somewhere, but everything i've  looked for just leads me back to
> saving the
> parameters for the model. While this is normally sufficient it
> doesn't help
> with what I'm currently working on. Any thoughts?

A little more detail, please.  Do you want to do this for a plot?  Or
do you want to do this to then manipulate data? There are a variety of
functions:

	get_data_counts;
	get_model_counts;
	get_data_flux;

etc.  that will probably come in handy.  You can then start redefining
data:

	put_data_counts(1,get_data_counts(1)-get_model_counts(1));

(But you'd probably want to redefine the statistics.)  There are other
games we can play, too, with defining the model_counts, say, to be a
background file. But I think I'd need a little more detail on what you
are trying to do.

-Mike