fakeit and random seed

From: Maurice Leutenegger <Maurice.A.Leutenegger_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:05:34 -0400
Hi,

I am wondering about the randomization properties of fakeit. As far as I
can tell, if I invoke fakeit with no argument, I will always get the
same "random" spectrum, unless I first use seed_random () to set the
random number generator. Does this sound right? Is it the expected
behavior? Is there a way to get variable random noise in fakeit (or
otherwise) without explicitly setting the seed myself?

Thanks,

Maurice