how to get the "areascale" value

From: Michael Smith <Michael.Smith_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 12:26:54 +0100
Hello,

I'm working with XMM RGS spectra, which have an "AREASCALE"
column in their spectral files.

I'm trying to find the number of counts per bin.

To this end, I read in the data with "load_data()" and
run "s = get_data_counts()" to find the counts per bin from the resulting
s.value field.

However, s.value are floats, not integer values, hence they are not counts.
It seems that, per bin "i", s.value[i] == counts[i] / areascale[i] ?

If that is the case, how can I find the areascale[i] values (something
equivalent to "get_data_backscale"), so I can then multiply s.value[i]
to get the counts in bin i?

Thanks,
Michael

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The
unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content
is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please delete it from your system and notify
the sender. E-mails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed. ESA shall not be liable
for any e-mail if modified.