Re: plot options x/yopt

From: Manfred Hanke <Manfred.Hanke_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 18:49:44 +0100
Hi,

Michael Nowak wrote:
> get_/set_plot_options is a quasi-unofficial bit of ISIS plotting
> utility.  It's not really advertised, and it's functionality is not
> really complete compared to the low-level primitives.  I.e., you'll
> get some control over plot defaults that you might otherwise only get
> via the plotting primitives, but not nearly 100%.
I agree.

> I know how to get rid of labels, but alas not the numbers.
I have sometimes used
   charsize(1e-3);
in order to remove the numbers, and only afterwards manually put those I
want to have...

Arik Mitschang wrote:
> Any help would be much appreciated. I know it is possible to create
> such a thing with the _pg* functions, but using o/hplot is very appealing
> for its high levelness
Well, for another manually-plotting project, I've done something like

define highlevel_hplot(bin_lo, bin_hi, value)
{
   variable n = length(value);  % = length(bin_lo) and = length(bin_hi)
as well
   variable X = Double_Type[2*n];
   variable Y = Double_Type[2*n];
   X[ [0::2] ] = bin_lo;
   X[ [1::2] ] = bin_hi;
   Y[ [0::2] ] = value;
   Y[ [1::2] ] = value;
   lowlevel_plot(X, Y);
}

You might want to add some separate fancy treatment of the first and
last bin, but this can easily be done as well, e.g. with:

   X = Double_Type[2*n + 2];
   Y = Double_Type[2*n + 2];
   (X[0], Y[0]) =  (bin_lo[0], 0);
   X[ [1:2*n-1:2] ] = bin_lo;
   X[ [2:2*n:2] ] = bin_hi;
   (X[-1], Y[-1]) = (bin_hi[-1], 0);

Cheers,

Manfred

--
Manfred Hanke      Manfred.Hanke(at)sternwarte.uni-erlangen.de
Dr. Karl Remeis-Observatory,  University of Erlangen-Nuremberg