code issue

From: Bert Pablo <hpablo_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:40:18 -0600 (CST)
Hey Everyone,

I was trying to make a code that plots spectral lines and I was using the
command from the manual

 fe_lines= where (wl(1.0,10.0) and el_ion(26,[25,26]));

This works just fine in interactive mode, but when I put it in a script it says
that fe_lines is undefined. If i say variable fe_lines... it says it is an array
type not an integer type. I'm not really sure what I should do here any
thoughts? Also is there a more comprehensive book somewhere on formatting?

Thanks,
Bert